Nau mai, haere mai ki to matou mahi o ruma tahi me te rua.


Wednesday 15 June 2016

Personification writing

Last week we were learning to use personification to make our writing more interesting. Here is a great example of personification writing by Fin which he shared at our assembly.

The Fight


BOOM BOOM! The fight is on. The lightning shot the trees arm off. The trees arm is broken. The thunder scared the lightning away. But the lightning came back, the thunder went crazy. The rain got mad and turned to hail and smashed the ground. The wind made the leaves spin like ballerinas up on stage. All of a sudden all the whistling and growling went quiet. The fight is over.
By Fin

9 comments:

  1. This is such a great piece of writing Fin. I am very proud. I will bet Aunty Lisa and Uncle Eddie in England to read this too. Well done and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fin, My name is Sally Matene from Room 3 at Tautoro Primary School. I like your writing on your blog. I like the way you used all the interesting words. I liked your simile about the leaves spinning like ballerinas. Blog you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Anthea from Ruma Ono at kaniere School and I am very proud of you for doing those great words they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is Anthea from Ruma Ono at kaniere School and I am very proud of you for doing those great words they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi my name is Indy from Ruma Ono at Kaniere School and I like your story because
    I like the thunder and lightning.by Indy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my name is Jamie-lee from Ruma Ono at Kaniere School and I like your story because of the lightning and thunder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi my name is henare atkinson and I go to kawakawa school. what a amazing blog I like the way describe your story that was awesome do you come up with these storys all by yourself keep the good work up by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is a great story, Fin. Write lots more for me to read. by Ngama

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is a great story, Fin. Write lots more for me to read. by Ngama

    ReplyDelete